Malua Bay is a picturesque coastal village situated 12 kilometres south of Batemans Bay. It is far enough away to enjoy its own identity and at the same time is close to the neighbouring towns of Batemans Bay and Moruya, while also benefiting from Major Regional Centres such as Canberra (ACT) and Queanbeyan.
Club Malua was destroyed by the fire during the 2019 South Coast bush fires, however through local community spirit along with the proud partnership with Cabra Bowls Group has meant the re-build process is underway with aspirations to be a premier south coast bowls facility. Club Malua has over 200 registered passionate bowlers with both a Men’s and Ladies committee along with a vibrant social following.
An opportunity to create a position of Bowls Coordinator for our progressive Club has arisen and we look forward to this exciting development and the opportunities it will bring.
DUTIES OF THE BOWLS COORDINATOR:
The Bowls Coordinator shall be responsible to the Venue Manager or their delegate.
The duties of this position shall be:
- Promote Lawn Bowls within the Club including zone, district, state, club, juniors and social bowls.
- Manage the annual Bowls program and daily running of the Men’s, Woman’s and social Bowls events.
- Coordinate with club coaches, umpires and committees to meet Bowls NSW regulations
- To coordinate the Men’s pennant selection committee and advise the Woman’s selection committee.
- To organise tournaments for both Men and Woman
- To negotiate sponsorships.
- To liaise with the Greenkeeper to coordinate the use of the green space.
- To prepare and maintain the bowls players payment system if applicable.
- To participate in the recruitment committee.
- Assist in the maintenance of the greens and grounds as requested in conjunction with the head greenkeeper.
- Prepare and submit Bowls Reports to Venue Manager on a monthly basis.
- Any other duties as directed by the Venue Manager or delegate from time to time.
- First Aid, RSA and RCG are required.
The base salary of the Bowls Coordinator (Level 3 Modern Award) at the commencement of this agreement shall be $42,562.00 per annum (excluding penalty rates), payable weekly. CPI will be increased with recommendation of Fair Work Australia.
HOURS OF WORK:
The Bowls Coordinator position will be will be required to work between thirty (30) to thirty-eight (38) hours per week and may be required to work reasonable amounts of overtime to fulfil their duties and the operational requirements of the Club. At this time, it is a requirement that the working week will be from Tuesday to Saturday.