Malua Bay is a picturesque coastal village situated 12 kilometres south of Batemans Bay. It is far enough away to enjoy its own identity and at the same time is close to the neighbouring towns of Batemans Bay and Moruya, while also benefiting from Major Regional Centres such as Canberra (ACT) and Queanbeyan.
Club Malua (formerly Malua Bay Bowling & Recreation) is in a popular tourist area and has a membership base of 3700. This family friendly Club features the renowned Raymond’s Chinese Restaurant, 2 Bowling Greens, Sports Bar with TAB and KENO facilities, 30 gaming machines and a Kid’s Room.
An opportunity to create a new position of Bowls Manager/Coordinatorfor our progressive Club has arisen and we look forward to this exciting development and the opportunities it will bring. Initially a three (3) year agreement for a permanent position (38 hours per week) shall be negotiated. This agreement may be extended by mutual agreement prior to the expiry date.
DUTIES OF THE BOWLS MANAGER/COORDINATOR:
The Bowls Manager shall be responsible to the Manager or their delegate.
The duties of the Bowls Manager shall be:
- To promote Lawn Bowls within the club community including zone, district, state, club, juniors and social bowls.
- To manage the annual bowls program and daily running of the Men’s and Women’s Bowls events.
- To coordinate the Men’s and Women’s pennant selection committee.
- To organise tournaments for both Men and Women.
- To negotiate sponsorship.
- To liaise with the Greenkeeper to coordinate the use of green space.
- To play bowls exclusively for the club.
- To prepare and maintain the bowls player payment system where applicable.
- To participate in the recruitment committee.
- Any other duties as directed by the Manager or delegate from time to time.
- To liaise with coaching staff.
The base salary of the Bowls Manager/Coordinator (Level 4 Modern Award) at the commencement of this agreement shall be $43,551.04 per annum (excluding penalty rates), payable weekly. CPI will be increased with recommendation of Fair Work Australia.
HOURS OF WORK:
The Bowls Manager will be required to work thirty-eight (38) hours per week and may be required to work reasonable amounts of overtime to fulfil their duties and the operational requirements of the Club. At this time it is a requirement that the working week will be from Tuesday to Saturday.
Send your application and Resume by clicking the APPLY NOW button below.
Club Malua are recruiting for this role independently. Please contact the Club for any further enquiries www.maluabayclub.com.au
To apply for this position please click here.