Certificate III Sport and Recreation Traineeship available at Bowls NSW.
Start your career today! Bowls NSW have partnered the Australian Training Company with an incredible opportunity available to begin a Certificate III Sport and Recreation Traineeship with Bowls NSW.
The role will be working to assist the Competition Coordinator and the Bowls Programs Coordinator in providing quality support to Bowls NSW competitions and the sport’s development programs.
Location: Bowls NSW Head Office – (near Town Hall Station and close to public transport)
Hours: This is a full time position working 8.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday, with some after hours and weekend work required.
- Provide administrative support to staff in Sport Development.
- Provide event and competition support (e.g. Preparation of rinks, setting up scorecards, welcoming players and guests, online scoring, photography, assisting presentations, all round helper at events).
- Preparation of documentation for competitions including programs, draws, reviews, feedback, reconciling payments and entries.
- Maintaining database with player records across all competitions (including annual gradings).
- Update Competition Winners documents and Point Score – e.g. Player of the Year.
- Assist with social media posts, website updates, newsletter contributions.
- Support Umpire and Coaching pathways by assisting with correspondence, enrolments, enquiries and postage of resources.
- Assistance of Junior training activities and Junior events.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Great communication skills.
- Enjoy interacting with other people.
- Great attention to detail.
- Good organisational skills.
- A willingness to go the extra step.
- A want to get involved and have a go attitude – needs to be active!
- A passion for sports (Lawn Bowls experience not necessary but a willingness to learn).
- Happy to travel and be away from home for consecutive days/nights.
- You will receive a Nationally recognised qualification upon completion.
- Potential opportunity for career progression.
- Trainees are paid under the National Training Award.
This position would suit a 2017/2018 school leaver. To apply please forward your resume and cover letter to Jade at [email protected]. To be eligible you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident. Those with qualifications of Certificate III or above (this includes university graduates) need not apply.