Bowls NSW are pleased to release the Conditions of Play for the 2019 season.
The Conditions of Play have undergone a significant review for the 2019 season. A number of changes to wording have been made to reinforce the intent of the Conditions of Play and to provide a more definitive meaning. The Conditions of Play have been reformatted to organise conditions within the topics they cover.
A number of changes have also been made that change the intent or meaning, these are summarised as below:
- Restricting movement of players (condition 2.23).
- Thirds in fours matches are permitted to visit the head.
- Grading & Eligibility of players for pennants (condition 3.6.24).
- Provision for limit of “Fly-in” players to a Club’s top Grade (condition 184.108.40.206).
- Provision for Consecutive Grade Clubs to have a maximum of four players play two grades below their previous season grading (220.127.116.11).
- Addition of State President’s Reserve and Senior Triples and Fours (conditions 3.1.3 & 3.1.4).
- Addition of Quarter Finals in all sides events – e.g. Inter-Zone, Senior Inter-Zone and State Pennants Finals (conditions 18.104.22.168 & 22.214.171.124).
- Sectional Play for State Championships Finals Series & Champion of Club Champions Singles and Pairs (conditions 3.1 & 3.2).
- Substitutes & Replacement Players – amendment in line with Domestic Regulations (condition 2.24).
- Clarification of eligibility for State Seniors Championships (condition 2.1.40).
- Clarification of eligibility for State President’s Reserve Championships (condition 2.1.43).
- Substitutes in Champion of Champion Pairs (condition 3.2.3).
- Substitutes permitted, no replacement players.
A link to the updated Conditions of Play for 2019 can be found by clicking here.
All questions should be directed to [email protected]